Corix has more than 70 years’ experience designing, building, financing and managing the vital utility infrastructure systems required for communities to grow and thrive. Ensuring the safest, most efficient transport, delivery and treatment systems, we work in partnership with the people of the communities we serve to create fresh solutions and provide services in a socially and environmentally responsible manner.
Over the last five years, we have experienced substantial growth – and with growth comes opportunity. Our team members enjoy:
• Competitive salary
• Comprehensive benefits package
• Internal training programs
• Work-life balance and flexible work arrangements
• A pristine record of safety and environmental performance
You’ll join a team of more than 2,200 dynamic professionals who bring drive, passion and a genuine sense of pride to their work. We also actively encourage and empower all our team members to seek, share and implement new ideas for creating value.
So if you’re smart, industrious and would like to join a progressive company that offers challenging work, long-term growth potential and the chance to make a real difference, contact us today!
About the Job:
Corix Water Systems, a division of Corix, designs and builds water and wastewater treatment systems for municipal and industrial applications as well as true pre-assembled, pre-tested packaged water distribution systems. We offer a flexible response to project delivery, ranging from equipment supply to full design, build, operate and maintain solutions.
Corix Water Systems has an opening for a 14 Month Contract Purchasing Project Coordinator at our Langley Branch. The successful candidate plans, organizes and directs the purchasing, ordering, receiving, issuing and delivering of supplies and equipment vital to the ongoing daily operations of our manufacturing facility. The Purchasing Project Coordinator Coordinates projects in scheduling and delivering products to customers as well as all other duties that is required.
• Prepare, review and update purchase orders.
• Confirmation of order quantity, pricing, and availability.
• Order follow-up (telephone/email communication)
• Ensures accuracy of all orders.
• Follow procedures as per the quality manual and as per required by the scope of the project or customer requirement.
• Maintain files, orders supplies, forms and other resources so that paperwork and information is readily and consistently available.
• Make suggestions to better facilitate or improve administrative processes.
• Double check materials on the bill of materials – notify project manager of any irregularities.
• Review and follow-up with outstanding backorders with suppliers – regularly and constantly.
• Expedite and follow up with suppliers to schedule deliveries based on project schedules.
• Resolve material, value discrepancy, outstanding and overdue delivery of orders, warranty claims and damage, and return of materials.
• Monitor inventory levels and reconcile physical inventories with records.
• Correct purchase orders if receiving has discrepancies with purchase orders and put in solutions to improve the process(es).
• Source price quotations and prepare purchase requisitions/orders.
• Communicates and determines scheduling with suppliers for pricing, order fulfillment and delivery. Resolves problems. Implement corrective action.
• Generate and/or review inventory reports.
• Schedule/coordinate/monitor trucking for shipment of products/systems to job sites – including changes and logistics requirements plus all relevant and related paperwork.
• Responsible for and/or re-routes freight as needed to meet demands and minimize costs.
• Develops and maintain a detailed project schedule which includes administrative tasks and all sites involved in the project.
• Add, remove and update project schedules – including changes to drawings, BOM and other backup documentation.
• Responsible to track project changes and produces updated site based schedule as agreed with engineering and project management.
• Maintain document control, database management, track project activities and team communication – all quality control documents.
• May be required to visit jobs or vendor sites.
• Maintain good communication with technicians, project managers, transport companies, vendors and contractors to assure timely and efficient completion of jobs, proper communication of issues, and proper documentation of the entire process at each job site.
• Changes of duties or responsibilities can be changed upon the discretion of the supervisor.
• High School Diploma or GED.
• Post-secondary an asset.
• 2-3 year’s previous waterworks sales experience or construction experience working with waterworks type products.
• Demonstrable knowledge of waterworks/construction type products and materials.
• Strong interpersonal/customer service skills.
• Basic math skills for invoicing.
• Ability to speak clearly and understandably on the telephone.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to communicate and interact with customers (internal/external) in a professional manner.
• Attention to detail and accuracy to process orders.
• Ability to read, write, and follow and complete written instructions.
• Computer skills; ability to retrieve and enter data, use Microsoft office suite, NAV and other relevant database/software.
• Ability to work with difficult customers (internal/external) and resolve problems and issues.
Application Expiry Date:
This position will remain open until it is filled.
If you possess these skills and qualifications, we invite you to apply online in confidence at www.corix.com.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those shortlisted will be contacted.
No telephone calls or applications from recruitment agencies will be accepted.