Corix has more than 70 years’ experience designing, building, financing and managing the vital utility infrastructure systems required for communities to grow and thrive. Ensuring the safest, most efficient transport, delivery and treatment systems, we work in partnership with the people of the communities we serve to create fresh solutions and provide services in a socially and environmentally responsible manner.
Over the last five years, we have experienced substantial growth – and with growth comes opportunity. Our team members enjoy:
• Competitive salary
• Comprehensive benefits package
• Generous vacation package
• Company-matched retirement savings program
• Internal training programs
• Tuition reimbursement program
• Work-life balance and flexible work arrangements
• A pristine record of safety and environmental performance
You’ll join a team of more than 2,200 dynamic professionals who bring drive, passion and a genuine sense of pride to their work. We also actively encourage and empower all our team members to seek, share and implement new ideas for creating value.
So if you’re smart, industrious and would like to join a progressive company that offers challenging work, long-term growth potential and the chance to make a real difference, contact us today!
About the Job:
The Corix Group of Companies specializes in supplying products and utility solutions for sustainable utility infrastructure in the water, wastewater and energy sectors as well as providing field metering services.
The Corix Group has an opening for a regular full-time Financial Accounting Analyst for our Richmond office.
• Maintains the accounting records of assigned business units which includes:
• Full cycle accounting for a multi-branch, multi-jurisdictional operation inclusive of:
• Sub-ledger reconciliation
• General ledger account reconciliations
• Branch and company financial statements
• Obtains and maintains a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure, including maintaining the company chart of accounts.
• Works directly with other members of finance management and ensures an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close process.
• Prepares value-added monthly analysis of operating results to operations/business units and executive management.
• Communicates and prepares monthly forecasting.
• Monitors and analyzes department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
• Prepares monthly/quarterly tax remittances - both provincial and federal.
• Prepares and analyzes annual reporting for assigned regulated utilities.
• Identifies weaknesses in internal controls and makes recommendations for improvements in processing methods, workflows, procedures, and reporting efficiencies.
• Interprets various accounting data, analyzes reports and recommends and/or initiates actions to be taken.
• Prepares and/or directs the preparation of special statistical reports, detailed cost accounting information, surveys or analyses of a complex and difficult nature for management.
• Works with stakeholders to create the annual budget for assigned business units.
• Provides training and support on accounting systems, procedures and practices to the business units/operations.
• Assists in working papers preparation of year end audit and corporate tax.
• Ad hoc projects as needed.
• Professional accounting designation (CPA, CGA, CMA, CA)
• Strong GAAP and financial reporting background.
• Project accounting an asset.
• Intermediate and advanced computer skills using Windows and MS Office Suite (Excel/Word/Outlook).
• Navision experience and/or familiarity with various financial systems considered an asset.
• Proven ability to carry out financial procedures while exercising good judgment and strong analytical skills.
• Excellent problem solving skills and a willingness to develop solutions, understanding the impact independently and/or in groups with cross-functional partners.
• Ability to perform effectively under pressure and manage multiple priorities.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills - oral and written.
• Ability to review financial information and prepare meaningful analysis.
• Proven organizational and self-management skills.
• Ability to work effectively in a team-based atmosphere.
• Customer focus – internal and external.
• Ability to act independently, decisively and quickly under pressure.
• Good business sense and understanding of inventory and related issues.
• A fast learner, outside the box thinker and challenge presented ideas.
• Self-motivated individual with attention to detail.
Application Expiry Date: This position will remain open until filled.
If you possess these skills and qualifications, we invite you to apply online in confidence at www.corix.com.
***Corix employees must apply via our internal portal***
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those shortlisted will be contacted.
No telephone calls or applications from recruitment agencies will be accepted.
Corix is committed to providing an inclusive and accessible candidate experience. Accommodations are available upon request.